Monday, October 23, 2006


Moving. Moving to a new state. Moving to a new life. Move items. Find stuff. Found this letter from a guy I dated for 14 years. Ah. Ah. Ah. I know don’t say it, I got it, now. I estimate that he wrote and gave this letter to me oh around the nine year mark about six years ago…boy was I blind. How did I not end it then? Oh wait I did…and then I started it again…and then ended it, again. Then I started it again and then ended it, again, finally. Maybe if I had listened to the words, really read the words instead of being such a good “communicator” I would have seen more clearly. I now can read it, the words and see them as beautiful. Now I see they are as they were then, just words and nothing else. The words have not changed, I have.

My songs have no
words. There are so
many ways that we are
alike, and many in
which we differ. You
are the communicator .
You listen, you talk,
You write. You are the
singular person in my
life that can make me
communicate. I believe
that you only have one
relationship like that
in your life, where
you have gotten to the
deepest truths. I
realize that I have
regressed quite a bit
since we met. We had
such wonderful talks.
I seem unable to
achieve that level of
communication anymore.

I remember a
windy, cool evening on
the beach in
Wrightsville---
We sat on the
beach in the dark and I
lost myself in my
conversation with
you. It felt like we
could talk about
anything.

Now you are patient
with me, and I
appreciate that. I
hope that my presence
in your life is not a
source of difficulty
for you. I sensed last
time that I saw you
that it was--- this
would be different
than your letter,
which talks of the
good of my being back.

I hope that we can
Keep that, while the
time that we share is
not always much; it is
extremely important to
me. As you know, I am
embarking on a big new
adventure right now
and I am 150% consumed
by it. I hope that I
can remain in your
life throughout it. I
also understand that
if I cannot give more;
you would prefer I not
be in your life. I
would hate that
decision, but would
respect your wishes.
That is for you to
Decide.

As for our recent
visits, they have been
strange and wonderful.
I love just talking to
you. Sometimes I wish
that I could put a
veil on you, because I
am doing so well and
then inevitably fall
into some sort of
weird sexual tension.
Sorry about that. The
veil probably wouldn’t
hurt. I do think that
you should envision me
as some sort of love
slave that can carry
on clever
conversation, though.
I think it would make
life easier on both of
us.
No matter where you
are in the world, you
will always be closest
to me, I thank you for
that.

There is more to this,
but I am not there
yet…

No comments:

Quote of the week....I had to

"I saw them. There were four of them and I thought there are four of us, that is if we find the lady. Oh, Hello Lady!" - Fezzik, aka Andre The Giant, Princess Bride

Yes it's hot NOW, but in the fall it will be cool and you will need me more than ever!

Yes it's hot NOW, but in the fall it will be cool and you will need me more than ever!
I am back at ESO to do some comedy; all me, all alone, well there will be beer and wine! October 18th, 7:30pm...stay tuned!

for now!

Till this chica gets settled in the blog name stays the same...deal with it! still posting but now OFF SHORE! I am working on my website so look for that soon...