Monday, May 14, 2007

What do I miss?



I just went to NYC for the weekend. My first time back since my move to the Eastern Shore of Virginia a mere 8 months ago. Wow. It was fun. I expected it to be sad and it was the opposite. It was exciting, validating, reassuring. I had made the right move afterall at just the right exact time I needed to. It was fantastic. I went down to the west village and crashed on into one of my old stomping grounds. A bar called Fiddlesticks; to have one beverage, one beer, to use the bathroom. Four hours, four beers and four conversations with a cute Irish bartender later and all was as it should be! I then headed to Corner Bistro - by far the best hamburger in the city. Munched on a huge burger and sipped a McSorleys, read my Vanity Fair and just had a lovely time. Then off to the Art Bar on 8th ave before heading to midtown, west side of it to meet with old NYC friends and more beverage. I sat at the Art bar alone. There was a hustle bustle all around me, it was packed with people out celebrating the weekend to come and all seemed high on happy - afterall it was Friday early evening in the greatest city in the world. I was sitting there alone and yet I was so far from alone. I soaked it all in. Me there, the city...hey it was all still going on and going on strong and vibrant without me. It hit me. The only thing I had missed about this brilliant city, for it is and I highly recommend everyone living there at least once in their lives, was that I missed Asian food! Thai, Chinese, etc...A major problem with a simple solution. Saturday dinner? Thai. Sunday lunch? Vietnamese. All good. All set. Now back to the Eastern Shore of Virginia...after a quick rest stop in up state New York! I am where I want to be for now and damn it Gumby that feels great. And when I am not I shall move on.

No comments:

Quote of the week....I had to

"I saw them. There were four of them and I thought there are four of us, that is if we find the lady. Oh, Hello Lady!" - Fezzik, aka Andre The Giant, Princess Bride

Yes it's hot NOW, but in the fall it will be cool and you will need me more than ever!

Yes it's hot NOW, but in the fall it will be cool and you will need me more than ever!
I am back at ESO to do some comedy; all me, all alone, well there will be beer and wine! October 18th, 7:30pm...stay tuned!

for now!

Till this chica gets settled in the blog name stays the same...deal with it! still posting but now OFF SHORE! I am working on my website so look for that soon...