Sunday, November 02, 2008

Yesterday I went inside a booth, filled in some circles, took a vote.
A short amount of time in my day yet a large impact on my life.
I had forgotten how amazing it was to vote. It is a feeling of such
hope and power. I felt empowered and invincible. My headache of the
night before filled with beer, whiskey, and ghoulish figures seemed to dull, to fade and float away.
If I owned a cape I would have tied it on and worn it with pride all day.
I just walked right into that place, gave my name, confirmed my address
and they handed me a ballot, a pen and said, "over there, that one is empty"
And just like that I struck a pose and cast my opinion, my right I did express.
A gift I've been given, bestowed to me simply due to my birth in this vast land.
To take that for granted, to not do it, would be, is so much a crime.
I want this change badly and feel our country's heart is literally breaking.
Inside of my chest, down deep inside of me I can completely feel my soul shaking.
I am sure it is quite obvious who I am for, who I know can lead us and start the mending process of our country that is truly falling apart. Yet I am not here to tell you who to vote for, who to choose.
I am only telling you to go out, get off your couch, get your cape on and vote!
Do it for you, do it for me, do it for us all, just do it.
For I fear if you do not, we all lose.

No comments:

Quote of the week....I had to

"I saw them. There were four of them and I thought there are four of us, that is if we find the lady. Oh, Hello Lady!" - Fezzik, aka Andre The Giant, Princess Bride

Yes it's hot NOW, but in the fall it will be cool and you will need me more than ever!

Yes it's hot NOW, but in the fall it will be cool and you will need me more than ever!
I am back at ESO to do some comedy; all me, all alone, well there will be beer and wine! October 18th, 7:30pm...stay tuned!

for now!

Till this chica gets settled in the blog name stays the same...deal with it! still posting but now OFF SHORE! I am working on my website so look for that soon...