Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Measurement

How does one measure oneself? This question is running around in my head today. Does one even measure at all? I think we stray from it, this quest for fear of, well simply fear. What will we find if we really try to answer this question. Once we start to find some answers, some options, what then? Do we then have to change? Well we don't have to DO anything, really. I mean we are Americans. Americans can do whatever they want. Or not do anything they want. Back to the topic. How do I measure myself? What is my worth? There seems to be this constant ebb and flow of confidence and self doubt. I am this sandy shore where each wave against me is unknown. splash, I love me and my life, splash, I hate me and what the hell am I doing with my life, let alone here in this place? Splash, splash and so on. Is it by money and how much is needed to be of value? Is it owning items or property and again what is the magic number of such things? People you choose to be with, surround yourself with? I think perhaps you discover the ruler in which to measure and then you can answer this question. Well duh. Just helps me to say it, write it out loud. I will let it keep bouncing around in my cute little head today and see what I land on. I suspect it will be people and me. I measure me by the people I choose to be with, spend time with and ultimately me. I measure myself with, by me. Or not.

No comments:

Quote of the week....I had to

"I saw them. There were four of them and I thought there are four of us, that is if we find the lady. Oh, Hello Lady!" - Fezzik, aka Andre The Giant, Princess Bride

Yes it's hot NOW, but in the fall it will be cool and you will need me more than ever!

Yes it's hot NOW, but in the fall it will be cool and you will need me more than ever!
I am back at ESO to do some comedy; all me, all alone, well there will be beer and wine! October 18th, 7:30pm...stay tuned!

for now!

Till this chica gets settled in the blog name stays the same...deal with it! still posting but now OFF SHORE! I am working on my website so look for that soon...