Saturday, December 08, 2007

"Maury, What happened?"

First, The First Wednesday show last week was fantastic!
If you were there then you know...if you were not then shame shame on you! fun crowd, amazing talent (including a pretty decent little set by yours truly...tried some new stuff and it got a nice response...aka laughter!), and good holiday cheer was had by all or so it looked - and really that is truly the only way one knows yes? YES! why am i smilin? because this was the first full day and night i was totally off the juice! the benedryl juice that is. and apparently, finally, there is an end to the production of snot by one body! beer never tasted so yummy...ok that is a lie. it tastes yummy every and any time. it just felt nice to be walking and feel my whole body as one and not have an out of body experience - i think that is what it is called when one is walking and it feels as if one is directly behind oneself, and awake. i do have to say my ass is quite lovely.
as another update - i went out last eve, after a sweet and laid back volunteer gig at the Cape Charles Bed & Breakfast (be sure to check this hot spot out - a beautiful house and fantastic people run it! - http://www.capecharleshouse.com/) for the Annual Cape Charles Progressive Dinner. Sweet why? We sipped on sweet red wine from a box in short plastic cups (free makes all good even box wine) and laid back why? cause i served wine and tri colored funky cheeses with my gal pals sophie and amy. then done at 10pm, off to The Pub for A, read it kids, A martini on the rocks...dirty, very. so dirty i think it was clean. ha, i slay me with my wit. as a side note? martinis are made of gin AND come in high ball glasses, on the rocks (ice) and not always in that funny looking tall glass, mr downtown!
what a refreshing night. i sober and all around me drunkeness swirled. got hit on by a very odd dude. kept touching my back, leaning on me, entering my face space - ick ick and triple ick! after i turned him down for a date...the pick up line by the way? "so i've been single for some time now and well you are close to my age do you want to try a date sometime?" i know! sexy yes? he still bothered me. i had to leave. well i was planning on leaving around the time it all went down anyway...his antics just propelled me out the door faster. hope all that night got home safely. when i asked one patron who was quite on the loaded side, to say the least, "you are not going to drive are you?" to which he replied, "later" - truly hope that one got home safely. but alas, cannot worry too much on this one. not my job to worry on him anymore.
woke up this morning with no hangover! what a concept. slept in till 9:30am and felt fucking fantastic. my point to all this rambling? ah, well, ok, uh, um, sure, let's see, sure, oh, mmmm, well, actually there is no point. just a ramble. till the next one...

No comments:

Quote of the week....I had to

"I saw them. There were four of them and I thought there are four of us, that is if we find the lady. Oh, Hello Lady!" - Fezzik, aka Andre The Giant, Princess Bride

Yes it's hot NOW, but in the fall it will be cool and you will need me more than ever!

Yes it's hot NOW, but in the fall it will be cool and you will need me more than ever!
I am back at ESO to do some comedy; all me, all alone, well there will be beer and wine! October 18th, 7:30pm...stay tuned!

for now!

Till this chica gets settled in the blog name stays the same...deal with it! still posting but now OFF SHORE! I am working on my website so look for that soon...