Friday, March 21, 2008

Memoir Entry #12

this should keep ya busy....

Leaving the Shore

It has been 18 months now since on the shore living with the older
couple. Things are nice and Peaceful here. Alas I feel as
If it is time to move on. To try out another area, a new adventure. I’ve
secured another room with another lovely older couple down south in
North Carolina. The lovely older couple here on the
Shore referred me to them. They are good friends. I believe
they keep telling me that this couple are my Godparents.
I asked the lovely older couple here what that means. It was
explained to me by the older woman of the couple that
these two are now responsible for my spiritual guidance
should anything happen to her or the lovely older
gentleman. Seems fair enough. I feel as if the time has come
to pursue my passion is a larger community. A simple passion really.
Staying one and sometimes two steps ahead of “the man”.
I have so enjoyed my time here on the shore and find that I shall
miss so many things about it. The lack of options for one.
That is nice. No thinking Involved. The waving by
people I don’t know I shall miss as well.
Even though it is not socially accepted for a
woman to wave, I do so.
I’m concerned about my lifestyle changing. I’ve asked the lovely
Older couple to provide me with 3 cars, a chef and 18 months of
Rent stipend as this is the lifestyle I’ve come accustomed to.
I will miss my morning chats with the local farm dogs. The shore
Name is actually deer. I’m pretty sure it’s the state dogs.
I am thrilled that while
Here on the shore I have finally been diagnosed.
For so long now I have feared. The worse about what was
ailing me. I moved here to find out what and so
happy that the time has not Been wasted. The doctor told me just
The other day, “oh honey, you are very focused, you
are just lazy and don’t want to do the work!”
What a relief to finally be diagnosis. I called
my best girlfriend and told her. She was so happy for
me and proceeded to ask If I was doing this, and then
finishing that, to which I had to say, “whoa, there missy!
I’ve just been now diagnosed. It may be months maybe even
years before there is any substantial behavior change!”
I did have a dream the other night about my new journey down
South. I dreamt that I was paddling down a river of gravy with two
queue tips. When I told the young Farmhand, the one that incidentally
looks a lot like me, I said is that not weird and what does it mean? To
which he replied, absolutely nothing! I have been able to pay
off some of the large debt I owe but not all. I called the credit card
company just the other day In hopes of extending my
credit limit. All the time truly knowing in the heart
of my heart that it was not to be. While on hold waiting for the
lovely adolescent girl to Come back on the line
To tell me no, I thought it quite discomforting that the
hold music they played was, “Bridge over troubled water”
I am not sure if they think that is humorous or not, I
alas did not. I fear that the credit card
company guys sitting up in their office eating their
20 dollar lunches and sipping on their 5 dollar coffees are
looking at my file and are concerned. This makes me
feel so good inside. That they are taking the time.
I fear they are concerned not so much about the payments
I am not making for us all know that is just money.
No I hear them saying things like, “I am worried for this
Miss Maclay. She does not seem to be living
up to her potential” and “What has happened to her?
She use to buy so many material items and now
all she buys is gas, Cheetos and slim jims”
I do find it encouraging and really a leap of faith at
All of the credit card offerings they are now
Sending me in the mail. This has got to be a good
sign. After all, if they did not care why would they
Send me so many offers, approved for cards?
surely they know my situation. It reassures me that
It is not about the money but they are genuinely
concerned about my potential, my welfare. So sweet.
I have yet to take them up on their offer but
now find myself with this new move considering it.
And as I am often heard exclaiming, “I say live for
each day!” I do try to live each day as if it were my
last. However I do find it rather frustrating when
I wake up each morning alas I am still there. And have to
start it all over again. Perhaps this is why
people have children, to leave them their debt.
Makes sense.
I overheard the older couple talking the other night in regard
to a tax gift now being offered by the federal gift.
I’m rather excited although at the same time I fear that the
tax man is good friends with the credit card gentlemen and I shall
never see “that gift”
more later as I hear the older woman clomping
up the stairs, talking to herself.
Which I do have to say as a side note, even if she
does talk to herself, what she says does seem to be
good advice for on several occasions I have listened in
to her conversations with herself. I do hope they will be ok, the
Lovely older couple, once I am gone. I will miss them.
I shall have to return and check on them regularly to make sure.
I’ve encountered quite a few people who once I tell I live
with this lovely older couple, say, “how can you do that?”
To which I reply, “ah how can you not?”
I highly recommend it.
I have so enjoyed my time here on the shore. I am
eternally grateful to it and to all I have encountered,
One and all. Thank you. Till next time, goodbye.

No comments:

Quote of the week....I had to

"I saw them. There were four of them and I thought there are four of us, that is if we find the lady. Oh, Hello Lady!" - Fezzik, aka Andre The Giant, Princess Bride

Yes it's hot NOW, but in the fall it will be cool and you will need me more than ever!

Yes it's hot NOW, but in the fall it will be cool and you will need me more than ever!
I am back at ESO to do some comedy; all me, all alone, well there will be beer and wine! October 18th, 7:30pm...stay tuned!

for now!

Till this chica gets settled in the blog name stays the same...deal with it! still posting but now OFF SHORE! I am working on my website so look for that soon...