Friday, August 08, 2008

Friday, what a day so far!


two pieces of information to share with you today -
1. I quite possibly, figuratively and literally, am falling in love with Lewis Black. I am reading his new book, Me of Little Faith, and loving it. I am laughing out loud on the bus, missing my stop on the bus since so into it, and feeling a real connection to him. He gets me. Where are you Lew? (that is what he calls himself in the book when telling a story - I feel that since I am half way through it we are close enough that I can now call him Lew). Lew, call me. I can easily check your touring schedule on your website to know where you are - but I think it would be better and more healthy for our future relationship if you call me. Starting a romance with a stalking never works. Or so I have read.

2. This morning while getting my coffee at the Express Oasis (said, "OWAAASIS") I glimpsed a headline on a magazine that threw me for a loop da loop! It was an animal lovers magazine. A picture of a very cute kitty on the cover. A close up actually. Nice headshot. And the line was, "Feline Crisis in America; The cat has become a second class citizen"
Let me preface the next statement, my response to seeing this sentence in print (published print)with the following caveat...I love kitty cats. Adore them and quite frankly think they are well, ah, the meow! But ah, "WHAT THE FUCK?"
When did felines become citizens let alone first class and now second class? And this is a dilemna for us? Well of course it is! I am not shocked by that part of it. And now where does that place women, black people in the line of citizenship just as a few examples?
I did not read the article. Had to continue onto work, no time. So the actual crisis or the definition of their now second class citizenship, for now, will remain a mystery to me. I can only imagine, conjure up a story. I am fine with that. Material potential for future sets. "You can use that in your act!" As everyone seems to say to me whenever they have a story to tell me, or a joke. Since we all know that using other people's established jokes or stories is what is acceptable for comedians to do. Ah crap...I got off on a tangent again. Drat. Ok, back to kitties!
Perhaps it is the beginning of a new Republican campaign to find more voters...or we have just finally run out of news, information to write about and the animal magazine is the only news source that is willing to stand up and say it! Push that envelope with your kitty paw! Either way, for whatever reason drove the headline and the article to be written, it made my Friday. Thanks random animal lover magazine.

No comments:

Quote of the week....I had to

"I saw them. There were four of them and I thought there are four of us, that is if we find the lady. Oh, Hello Lady!" - Fezzik, aka Andre The Giant, Princess Bride

Yes it's hot NOW, but in the fall it will be cool and you will need me more than ever!

Yes it's hot NOW, but in the fall it will be cool and you will need me more than ever!
I am back at ESO to do some comedy; all me, all alone, well there will be beer and wine! October 18th, 7:30pm...stay tuned!

for now!

Till this chica gets settled in the blog name stays the same...deal with it! still posting but now OFF SHORE! I am working on my website so look for that soon...