Friday, August 15, 2008

here is the deal

I been thinking that I need to give more thought.
Specifically in my blog entries.
I fought for a long time to not do a blog. Cause it seemed that everyone else was doing it. It wasn't that I was afraid my parents would find out it was just...i don't really know what it was just that I felt this strong paltable feeling that I did not want to do it. Then I did. Sort of the same process as when I got a tattoo. I did not want to for a long time. Violently against it. (hee. why did I say that? It is not as if I went around randomly performing acts of violence in the name of NOT getting a tattoo). I suppose it is said so to convey the conviction of really being against something. I do recall that at that time in my life i did feel strongly that tattoos were wrong, for me, only. I am not sure if I would have actually been violent or not in regard to tattoos. Yet I will never know cause the conviction was never tested. Never was I walking in the park and a random person flashed past me and tattooed me. Alas, we never really do know our values till they are tested. Hence why I now have a tattoo, two tats to be precise. I did not want one, was against them and then one day I was not and wanted one.
When I got my first one I was 30. I came home to visit my parents just after I had it done. Showed my dad to which he replied, "I don't understand. You are 30. What are you rebelling against again?"
"Ah, but isn't it cute? They are frogs"

Now I have a blog, as you know...right?

And as one that has a blog I tend to read other blogs. Some are good, truly. And others, most, are not. It hit me yesterday that the ones that are good...
Good being - to me that is -
Blogs that actually say something, entertain me, keep me there, are honest, not self promoting (well blantantly that is - because hey it is YOUR blog so that kind of covers that area, I believe), and just overall simple, basic.
The ones that are good appear to be blogs where thought and time is put into the entries. not just slapped up there in a few minutes. entries just up to say, "hey look at me! look at me!" I have written several (probably more) that I am sure fall into this category. That is what got me to thinking. I need to spend more time on the thought and writing of each entry. Well maybe not EACH entry but most.
I think I need to give more thought in other words.

Interesting. When I started writing this particular entry I pictured one or two lines telling, saying that I was going to think more and put more into my blog. Huh. It is like the behaviour change has already started. WOW! That doesn't happen much...to me anyway. It feels nice.

No comments:

Quote of the week....I had to

"I saw them. There were four of them and I thought there are four of us, that is if we find the lady. Oh, Hello Lady!" - Fezzik, aka Andre The Giant, Princess Bride

Yes it's hot NOW, but in the fall it will be cool and you will need me more than ever!

Yes it's hot NOW, but in the fall it will be cool and you will need me more than ever!
I am back at ESO to do some comedy; all me, all alone, well there will be beer and wine! October 18th, 7:30pm...stay tuned!

for now!

Till this chica gets settled in the blog name stays the same...deal with it! still posting but now OFF SHORE! I am working on my website so look for that soon...