Saturday, November 03, 2007

a few thoughts on a lazy, fall, chilly saturday on the shore

to be strong when the wind blows,
to be flexible when others refuse to bend,
to stand tall when hands are pulling at you,
to not give up even if the water rises past your mouth,
to wake at dawn and know you are truly and forever alone,
at last to trust, to test, push, pull you inside and out,
then to come out on the other side, look in the rearview mirror
and like, love, respect and cherish what is now visible, that is
the thrill of the hunt, the passion of why each day we step up, step out
and live.

today was dark and light all in one. the wind grabbed trees and thrashed them about, clouds refused to let a sun ray in, water splashed against the shore as if angry from a past wrong, birds slept and made no sound today. and i was in it all and i the better for it all...if only for today.

No comments:

Quote of the week....I had to

"I saw them. There were four of them and I thought there are four of us, that is if we find the lady. Oh, Hello Lady!" - Fezzik, aka Andre The Giant, Princess Bride

Yes it's hot NOW, but in the fall it will be cool and you will need me more than ever!

Yes it's hot NOW, but in the fall it will be cool and you will need me more than ever!
I am back at ESO to do some comedy; all me, all alone, well there will be beer and wine! October 18th, 7:30pm...stay tuned!

for now!

Till this chica gets settled in the blog name stays the same...deal with it! still posting but now OFF SHORE! I am working on my website so look for that soon...