Monday, February 26, 2007

My Pen Pal




My pen pal sent me a present in the mail.

I received a large brown box from my pen pal today.

Sent me a musical instrument. It was so unexpected, so welcomed.

I'm thrilled and touched.

Who am I to deserve such a gift, a prize?

Thought put into action where thought could of stood alone.

A smile, a small girlish giggle escaped my lips as I lifted the treasure from the box.

Sytrofoam peanuts tumbling all over me, my car.

And I not a care in the world.

For a minute I was transported into the body of the father in the movie A Christmas Story - such surprise and joy from one inanimate object. My very own Red Rider Leg Lamp!

My pen pal sent me a present today. I wish to him a gift back; for him to sense, to feel, to know that he has sent me oh so much more -

No comments:

Quote of the week....I had to

"I saw them. There were four of them and I thought there are four of us, that is if we find the lady. Oh, Hello Lady!" - Fezzik, aka Andre The Giant, Princess Bride

Yes it's hot NOW, but in the fall it will be cool and you will need me more than ever!

Yes it's hot NOW, but in the fall it will be cool and you will need me more than ever!
I am back at ESO to do some comedy; all me, all alone, well there will be beer and wine! October 18th, 7:30pm...stay tuned!

for now!

Till this chica gets settled in the blog name stays the same...deal with it! still posting but now OFF SHORE! I am working on my website so look for that soon...