Friday, April 18, 2008

get a wha?

i got a job today! mommy gets to eat this eve. what a super day i've experienced so far and all cause i am employed. people i am pretty sure are nicer to you if they suspect that you have a job. here are a few examples to prove my point: the surly a tad bit overweight just out of the closet dude at the "we think we are in NYC but wait a minute we are not" coffee shop even smiled at me and gave me my coffee WITHOUT me asking twice for it. but maybe he was hungover or there was a cute stud boy with no shirt on standing behind me and i grabbed that gesture as if it were for moi sort of thing. i've discovered as of late that one truly does have to snatch what is out there and claim it for their own or nothing is what ya get. sort of reminds me of the old west where people raced on horses and stuck sticks in the ground and claimed the land for theirs - this was sorta like that, i think...or was that the rerun of Bonanza i just watched on TV LAND last eve? Which by the way was such a predictable show that my pop use to tell me he was one of the writers on it and to which my grade school i did ah carry such information to and share with classmates! Much to my dismay did not get me a seat at the popular peeps table but alas a piece of asphalt next to the "we smoke, wear black and we dont even like ya" kids...but alas as usual i have drifted way off of course of my story...so back i go! Then later in the day at the grocery story the little cute high school boy that bagged my fruit, TP, the mint 3 muskateers bar, and wine into one compact plastic bulging bag (the esssentials i likes to call em!) smiled at me sweetly and cooed, "oh miss (ahem) would you like me to carry this out to the car for you?" I declined for fear of akward conversation potential as we walked to the car in the early afternoon sun and then the "ah well shucks i cant seem to reach my purse for a tip" shuffle that i knew would take place. then again maybe he feared of my age that i was too frail to carry such a full bag? wait a minute no i am pretty sure that he was impressed that someone, I, who not yet showered for the day could look so stunning and exude such confidence! his thoughts i am sure ran there and then ended on, "yeah girl you got that job!" at least this is the story i am stickin with...that be my story morning glory. afterall attitude IS half the battle and i actually believe more than not over half the battle, maybe even 3/4ths but i am not ready to quite commit to it. till then i'll be here sitting in the sun, sipping on a cool Sierra Nevada, reading a good memoir (research indeed!) and figuring out how to buy some new clothes for my new job that starts in a week....stay tuned....

No comments:

Quote of the week....I had to

"I saw them. There were four of them and I thought there are four of us, that is if we find the lady. Oh, Hello Lady!" - Fezzik, aka Andre The Giant, Princess Bride

Yes it's hot NOW, but in the fall it will be cool and you will need me more than ever!

Yes it's hot NOW, but in the fall it will be cool and you will need me more than ever!
I am back at ESO to do some comedy; all me, all alone, well there will be beer and wine! October 18th, 7:30pm...stay tuned!

for now!

Till this chica gets settled in the blog name stays the same...deal with it! still posting but now OFF SHORE! I am working on my website so look for that soon...