Monday, March 05, 2007

Grass of Blue

I wrote this sitting in the lobby of a Holiday Inn in Hampton this last weekend. I attended a blue grass festival the night before in the same hotel. I was waiting for the rest of my party to join me for breakfast. I saw one of the players from the night before as he left the back entrance with his banjo and then this happened, it just came out. I like it a lot. I wrote for me.
Read, enjoy it if you so desire.

Grass of Blue

He strums the chords.
Lace on fire, flame upon mountain.
A voice begins as a whisper
then builds like lilac on a vine;
soft, steady and vibrant.
Harmony echoes and lingers
around my ears, searching
for a heart to let it in.
Alone now waiting
for just one more chance.
He strums the chords.
Silk billowing over warm southern
even breeze.
Pain released quietly
as if a cat staulking its prey.
Power and pride long since moved on.
Leaving me no longer a neighbor without a glance,
a thought or word to spare.
I now strum a chord, one only.
Flicker of flame, puff of smoke
that seeps out, up and then melts
into my skin.

No comments:

Quote of the week....I had to

"I saw them. There were four of them and I thought there are four of us, that is if we find the lady. Oh, Hello Lady!" - Fezzik, aka Andre The Giant, Princess Bride

Yes it's hot NOW, but in the fall it will be cool and you will need me more than ever!

Yes it's hot NOW, but in the fall it will be cool and you will need me more than ever!
I am back at ESO to do some comedy; all me, all alone, well there will be beer and wine! October 18th, 7:30pm...stay tuned!

for now!

Till this chica gets settled in the blog name stays the same...deal with it! still posting but now OFF SHORE! I am working on my website so look for that soon...