Thursday, March 01, 2007

So here's what I been thinking...

Mistakes
I've learned that the making of mistakes is the easy part indeed.
I find it takes no thought, no planning and certianly no creed.
You move on after the mistake is made without any thought.
It floats in the rearview mirror, drifts out of sight, not being sought.
Then a day, a week maybe even two pass and there it is again, up front and personal back with you.
Unannounced it came, standing there demanding and asking, "ah hello whatcha gonna do?"
The struggle begins and right from the gate you are the loser.
Back and forth you wrestle with it, bargain with it, yet you are never the choser.
It slaps you first and then if only out of habit you slap back.
Punches are thrown, words are tossed, even hurled, giving no slack.
And just when you think it is over, you can go on no more,
a reprieve appears, a light is seen and you move on past the mistake shore.
You know the peace is temporary for how long you are never sure.
You linger in that gap of serenity, wadding as if in a gentle pond and hope that this time a found cure.
Perhaps this time is the one that will stick and no more visits to this place to be made.
The mistake will move on, take its friend regret leaving the game over and played.
Finally you have let this one go and now calmness is allowed in.
Now the feeling is allowed to settle that indeed it is ok to be living in this skin.

No comments:

Quote of the week....I had to

"I saw them. There were four of them and I thought there are four of us, that is if we find the lady. Oh, Hello Lady!" - Fezzik, aka Andre The Giant, Princess Bride

Yes it's hot NOW, but in the fall it will be cool and you will need me more than ever!

Yes it's hot NOW, but in the fall it will be cool and you will need me more than ever!
I am back at ESO to do some comedy; all me, all alone, well there will be beer and wine! October 18th, 7:30pm...stay tuned!

for now!

Till this chica gets settled in the blog name stays the same...deal with it! still posting but now OFF SHORE! I am working on my website so look for that soon...