Friday, March 09, 2007

NYC vs. The Eastern Shore Obs. #6

When in New York City i would have an experience with the transportation system that i imagine or atleast hope others in the big ole apple of a city had as well. If not, certianly ok, but if so even better. When standing on the subway platform at any station, as the train is coming into the station, the stop, rambling...at times barreling down the tracks towards us patient traveling soldiers, there is this split second, a millisecond even, a rippling feeling inside of me where an image flashes across my brain. The scene is of me flinging myself off of the platform onto the tracks and as you can guess, being run over by the train. Although to be honest, yes, the vision never evolves that far. It is just a sensation of me jumping in front of the train. And there is never a feeling that i would actually do it, it is only a consideration that i could do it. A possibility. Before it has even happened really it is then gone. It evaporates as snow flakes are known to do on that just above freezing temperature of a day as they hit black top pavement, gone instantly as if never created. However, the sensation, the sentiment in which this flash of an apparition would linger. It seemed to provide this electric charged current to run through my body, through the rest of my day. It is a boast, a kick in the ass, even an injection of life, a natural drug in the most literal sense. Goose bumps planting on my skin and taking up residence the entire train ride to work, or wherever it was I would be attempting to go - Possibility. A chance. That power or opportunity to beyond a doubt manauever your life in a second. To know that it all could really change in an instant...what a consideration and quite frankly a gift.
So now you ask, "What is the observation #6, the difference between that in NYC and now here on the Eastern Shore of Virginia?"...well quite simply it is this...one lovely morning on the way to work i stood just on the edge of a field, a field filled with deer (well at least 4 or 5 of em) and waited for one to charge me, to ramble into the grassy station at me...just not the same, no electricity no charge or bolt! It was more of an unflustered significant sense of strength that hit me as one deer stared at me and i back at her, and then of course I staring at the back of her as she lept away into a near by woods. i'm just saying...

No comments:

Quote of the week....I had to

"I saw them. There were four of them and I thought there are four of us, that is if we find the lady. Oh, Hello Lady!" - Fezzik, aka Andre The Giant, Princess Bride

Yes it's hot NOW, but in the fall it will be cool and you will need me more than ever!

Yes it's hot NOW, but in the fall it will be cool and you will need me more than ever!
I am back at ESO to do some comedy; all me, all alone, well there will be beer and wine! October 18th, 7:30pm...stay tuned!

for now!

Till this chica gets settled in the blog name stays the same...deal with it! still posting but now OFF SHORE! I am working on my website so look for that soon...