Monday, March 26, 2007

It was fun AND...



look how %$^&*@! skinny I look! excellent!

Ok now to the goods...this picture is from an open mic that a fun crew from the Shore of Virginia jetted to last week in Virginia Beach. The locaton? The Holiday Food Mart. A convenience store and gas station. It was great. You walk into a very nice convenience store, turn to your right and there is an entire stage, audience area set up and rearing to go. Better set up than most comedy clubs I have seen in a while! It was fantastic. The crew that runs it was so welcoming and warm and fun to hang with. I highly recommend any entertainer or audience member checking it out. Our crew from the shore shined. I thought we might be superstars but this gig comfirmed it. Our numero uno roadie and groupie Mr. Chris was there as well cheering and getting buds!

Not only that but it was a new and learning experience for this comedian. For some reason I had planned to do all of my blue aka dirty jokes or anything with a swear word in it stuff. I have no clue as to why I thought this was the right thing to do. For some reason I just assumed that, "hey I am going to VA Beach to do comedy so I MUST do dirty material" So naturally we get there and guess who is in the audience? Kids. Young ones. And not young men in their early 20's that I like to call kids and that I am totally attracted to and know that yes in some states it is illegal but not so much in Virginia sort of kids! Ha. Wait, 24 is legal in all states yes? Ok good.

Ok so it is time to adjust. Into action I go. A good test. Luckily I had already sampled a few Sierra Nevadas on the ride over (I love you SN!) so the brain was a pumping! Side note: Key word in that last sentence being RIDE. I rode over to the beach. Ok back to it! I adjusted material and only said one bad word so overall a fine job came out of it.

The moral of this tale? When going to a convenience store to do comedy be sure to plan for any INconveniences you may incur. Or rather is it, be sure to always have a back up plan - in comedy and in life!

Peace and all that crap.

No comments:

Quote of the week....I had to

"I saw them. There were four of them and I thought there are four of us, that is if we find the lady. Oh, Hello Lady!" - Fezzik, aka Andre The Giant, Princess Bride

Yes it's hot NOW, but in the fall it will be cool and you will need me more than ever!

Yes it's hot NOW, but in the fall it will be cool and you will need me more than ever!
I am back at ESO to do some comedy; all me, all alone, well there will be beer and wine! October 18th, 7:30pm...stay tuned!

for now!

Till this chica gets settled in the blog name stays the same...deal with it! still posting but now OFF SHORE! I am working on my website so look for that soon...