Sunday, January 27, 2008

ah - ha!

in my job search i came across this site...http://www.sugardaddyforme.com/?mode=reg&x_source=A2_443734:daddy
well to be honest i was not so much job searching when i found it as i was house/dog/pigeon/chicken/goat/kitty sitting and i came across an article about it in a Mother Jones magazine - it is never too late to get smart.
so there i was; a fresh glass of red wine poured, all animals fed and tucked in for the night, law and order on the set - when i house sit i tend to watch a crap load of television. mostly because at "my home" i only have 5 channels. The lovely folks i have house sat for tend to have cable and so i allow myself to get totally soaked into the television. amazing though i have to say that even with over 500 channels it is still mostly all crap! outside of monk, law and order and sex and the city it is mostly all infomercials, alas i still love it!
anyway, there i am and i come across this article about this site. wild. and yet i guess not. i've always suspected that such a biz, a line of work existed but did not know where to look. it has now come to mainstream. i checked oout (i realize that i have two Os in this word and after reading the entry i went back to change it but then decided to keep it in - as i was writing this entry i was watching my favorite show, CBS Sunday Morning show, and they were doing a segment on accents. this OOUt sounds like to me the Fargo accent they were discussing at the time) the site, really, truly (ahem) just out of curiousity and for material potential. that and for something the article said, told me that got my attention. it seems that i am "overripe" for the position or so the article tells me. 27 is overripe. ack! Now calm down! I am in no way claiming I am 27...just a few years past that, hee. but certianly not overripe. Anyway, so i came way too late to this party. at first i was offended by the term "overripe" but then i got over it, ha, over it, past it so to speak!
i did not sign up, but it was tempting. yet do i really need another line of rejection tossed at me, right now? nah, not now. but i did want to pass it onto to you my faithful audience. take it as you feel best or of course don't take it all. but i am guessing that most of you will click on the link. i mean why not? all in fun on this warming overcast sunday.

No comments:

Quote of the week....I had to

"I saw them. There were four of them and I thought there are four of us, that is if we find the lady. Oh, Hello Lady!" - Fezzik, aka Andre The Giant, Princess Bride

Yes it's hot NOW, but in the fall it will be cool and you will need me more than ever!

Yes it's hot NOW, but in the fall it will be cool and you will need me more than ever!
I am back at ESO to do some comedy; all me, all alone, well there will be beer and wine! October 18th, 7:30pm...stay tuned!

for now!

Till this chica gets settled in the blog name stays the same...deal with it! still posting but now OFF SHORE! I am working on my website so look for that soon...