Wednesday, January 30, 2008

off to NYC babies...expenses paid dolls!


so she says to me, "ah yeah we are doing this international food show this weekend in NYC and I need someone to work the show with me, can you do it?"
I think for A second...let's see...so I says back to her, "so what you are saying is that we are staying in a beautiful hotel across from Madison Square Garden, I have a per diem, all expenses paid and you will then pay me to work the show?" To which she replies back with no hesitation, "yep, that is what I am saying"
Like ah no brainer! I get to go to NYC see my friends, do some open mics, eat, drink, and not clean up after myself and someone is going to pay me? I am there, Claire!
I fly up tomorrow and come back next Tuesday. Sweet. I then am on the shore for about 48 hours and then I head the other direction down south to North Cakalaky (as us natives know to say it...we also know it is a state not a town!) for job interviews, smooch on an old BF (nah, no smooching just drinking!), see my cute funny Bro and then jet on back up early Saturday. Whew! And yet it does not end there! I swing into my sabbatical town of Belle Haven and set up for Amy Ingram's fantastic "not for kids" show that Saturday eve...then I think I can breathe for a wee bit...chill in Cape Charles at Kelly's Gingernut Pub, play some darts, chit chat with friends. Then my roomies, the Lovely older couple AKA moi rents of par are off down way south to the land of tortillas and tequilla (they are taking a tequilla tour that sounds simply brilliant... or is it intoxicating? wahoo!) and I have a friend a visiting me while they are gone...me, him, the dog and the house! And then we are almost done with Feb (of all the months I so glad that the month gods choose Feb to be the shortest - very nice very nice work!) - Wait we are then almost in March, spring is round the corner - wha? what had a happened Maury? Time is a wild animal my friends - it just goes and goes and then its gone. Anywho...here's to getting through January and to all that is good and wonderful to take place in February (someone once told me "attitude is everything" I am pretty sure that someone coined that phrase while spending time in the month of February!). So to all a good month and may many treasures and wealth come your way.
BRING ON THE SPRING!!
PS...why Him up there? He is one of the many reasons NYC works darlings!

No comments:

Quote of the week....I had to

"I saw them. There were four of them and I thought there are four of us, that is if we find the lady. Oh, Hello Lady!" - Fezzik, aka Andre The Giant, Princess Bride

Yes it's hot NOW, but in the fall it will be cool and you will need me more than ever!

Yes it's hot NOW, but in the fall it will be cool and you will need me more than ever!
I am back at ESO to do some comedy; all me, all alone, well there will be beer and wine! October 18th, 7:30pm...stay tuned!

for now!

Till this chica gets settled in the blog name stays the same...deal with it! still posting but now OFF SHORE! I am working on my website so look for that soon...