Monday, July 07, 2008

Jesse Helms died on the 4th of July


Quote for Monday, July 7th
“Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things” - George Carlin

Jesse Helms once said in response to North Carolina wanting to build a new Zoo, repair the existing one, in the town of Asheboro, "Well, you don't need to do that. Just put a fence around Chapel Hill and call it the NC Zoo."

Rest in peace Mr. Helms, honestly, I wish you peace and rest.
No hard feelings. I actually like the zoo, always have, always will.

And afterall, Bono liked you...have not always appreciated his music, or been a big ole groupie of U2 overall, yet I do so admire him as a person for his beliefs, convictions and the ability to follow them to the end, for himself and for others.
If you, Jesse, had this cat in your corner well you must have been doing something right. Beliefs, convictions and the strength to follow them to the end has to be admired whether you agree with em or not.

I would say that completes "the three" (Russert, Carlin and Helms) but really don't like groups of three people die every day, all day long, here, everywhere? We just don't know their names and they are not famous.

No comments:

Quote of the week....I had to

"I saw them. There were four of them and I thought there are four of us, that is if we find the lady. Oh, Hello Lady!" - Fezzik, aka Andre The Giant, Princess Bride

Yes it's hot NOW, but in the fall it will be cool and you will need me more than ever!

Yes it's hot NOW, but in the fall it will be cool and you will need me more than ever!
I am back at ESO to do some comedy; all me, all alone, well there will be beer and wine! October 18th, 7:30pm...stay tuned!

for now!

Till this chica gets settled in the blog name stays the same...deal with it! still posting but now OFF SHORE! I am working on my website so look for that soon...