Monday, July 14, 2008

my liver, my weight, my wallet



That is the theme for the next two weeks kids.
My liver, my weight, my wallet.
I have a lot coming my way for the next two weeks (all good)and i need to focus, work my butt off and make it all happen, and happen well!

so for the next two weeks (from now till week of July 28th) no booze. I am doing this cause i think i have a problem. I am confident in stating that I don't have a classic alcoholic problem - and i would never make light of such a disease, ever. alas, when it comes to booze, really just beer - been a while since i have done shots, etc on a regular basis...it does cause me problems. Oh there are many days I don't drink, i never get up in the morning and drink, and when i drink it is always about happiness or celebration, to relax after work, but i honestly feel not as an escape or due to pressure. But, when I do, the aftermath, the hangover, the next day, causes me to not be productive, get things done and just overall it zaps me. it is the mixture of getting older (not old by any means) and beer that does this to me. my recovery time becomes longer and longer as i add years onto my life. the aftermath of it is my problem.
I just feel that at this time out of my day job, the bar job and writing, performing, and drinking (goin out, socializing) something has to give. And I choose beer.
I have some very fun and important shows this month I want, need to focus on em! That means doing the work (ack!) and getting sleep. When i drink, even just a beer, i don't sleep or sleep well! so there. i said it, wrote it.

my goal? no drinking of the beer or any other alcohol till end of July. I am giving it up for two weeks and see how it goes. I am thinking that maybe i then need to look at caffeine consumption. But that is just too overwhelming to even fathom, today or at all, right now!
I have a wedding to attend the first weekend in August in the BIG Apple, a good friend taking the plunge! A lovely time to celebrate with a beer.

I am excited about this because it will be good for my liver, my weight (I am not fat but the beer does add a few pounds on that if not there would allow me to fit into a few of my jeans...jeans I love and I don't have any extra dough to buy new ones)and it will certianly help my wallet usuage.

ok thanks for reading kids. and if you are around the area check out the following shows where I will be performing -

DSI Comedy Theatre
Carrboro, NC
Thursday, July 17th, 8pm
Stand up spot
http://dsicomedytheater.com/

Spice Street
Chapel Hill, NC
The Monti
Tuesday, July 22nd, 7:30pm
Telling a story
http://themonti.org/

The Cave
Chapel Hill, NC
FEMME FEST Finale
Friday, July 25th, 7:30pm
Stand up spot
http://www.caverntavern.com/

the blogging may be low over the next few weeks...check my links on this blog for other good stuff to read, blogs to check out.

see ya!

No comments:

Quote of the week....I had to

"I saw them. There were four of them and I thought there are four of us, that is if we find the lady. Oh, Hello Lady!" - Fezzik, aka Andre The Giant, Princess Bride

Yes it's hot NOW, but in the fall it will be cool and you will need me more than ever!

Yes it's hot NOW, but in the fall it will be cool and you will need me more than ever!
I am back at ESO to do some comedy; all me, all alone, well there will be beer and wine! October 18th, 7:30pm...stay tuned!

for now!

Till this chica gets settled in the blog name stays the same...deal with it! still posting but now OFF SHORE! I am working on my website so look for that soon...