Wednesday, July 09, 2008

some decisions to be made

Quote for Wednesday, July 9th
“I think that somehow, we learn who we really are and then live with that decision.” - Eleanor Roosevelt

I am in the middle of a few things right now.
Decisions to be made – from big ones to very small little ones!
I have to make a decision about a place to live in the fall.
I have found two places. Both have great attributes with small disadvantages.
Truly, not complaining here. I have options and that is wonderful. Yet with options come headaches. Careful what you wish for.
I often think of Joe Pesci in My Cousin Vinny…he and the lovely Marisa Tomei enter a diner in the small town where he has just arrived to defend his cousin in court. Oil has come to water town – the basic premise of the movie. With a very big dash of funny added!
Anyway…they enter. Sit down. It is a dive. A small town dive diner – ah yum!
Joe asks for the menu.
The greased up rather large older cook hands him a small menu, grunts and turns his back to the couple.
The camera moves down across the menu, giving the audience a view of what it has to offer.

MENU
Breakfast
Lunch
Dinner

Camera up, Joe’s close up, he says,
“Well I guess I will have the breakfast” Smirk and all.
It might be nice for it to be that simple.

My great “Day job” has real potential to be a career – gulp! Good yes.
A decision to be made? Yes!

Do I work at the bar this eve? – in at 9pm, out at 3am – up at 6am Thursday for full time job.
Tired? Yes. Make money so I can eat out with friends Thursday night? Yes.
If not work, allow more time to work on story for show? Yes. If work, have to work on story after day job, before bar job, cutting out nap? Yes.


Some weighing has to take place. I suppose it is better that life is heavy than not weigh anything at all. Yes. Sigh.

No comments:

Quote of the week....I had to

"I saw them. There were four of them and I thought there are four of us, that is if we find the lady. Oh, Hello Lady!" - Fezzik, aka Andre The Giant, Princess Bride

Yes it's hot NOW, but in the fall it will be cool and you will need me more than ever!

Yes it's hot NOW, but in the fall it will be cool and you will need me more than ever!
I am back at ESO to do some comedy; all me, all alone, well there will be beer and wine! October 18th, 7:30pm...stay tuned!

for now!

Till this chica gets settled in the blog name stays the same...deal with it! still posting but now OFF SHORE! I am working on my website so look for that soon...