Tuesday, July 01, 2008

again, really? it is Tuesday already? darg!

Quote for Tuesday, July 1st
“Wha?” – Me, waking up this morning remembering my early morning dream.

I woke up this morning around 4am. Padded off to the bathroom. Sleep peed. Scuffled back to bed. Smiled due to the thought I had two more hours to sleep…well till the snooze ritual was to commence at least. Fell right back to sleep and dreamt the following…

I was on a bus trip to somewhere (been there several times, I like it). Andrew Shue was sitting next to me for the trip. Andrew Shue of Melrose television show fame or you might know him of LA Galaxy Major League soccer team fame. We hit it off, chatting and giggling the entire trip (yes, giggling, not laughing – a difference as you well know). We get there. It is the bus station, old and no longer in existence at this location bus station, in Chapel Hill – where I currently reside…and drink. I put on my coat, Andrew helps me, then pulls out my cross necklace (ah?) that is stuck in my coat. He smiles. I smile. My tummy flips. Me likey. That part of dream then over. Flash forward to me in the streets of NYC, a specific street I recognize but don’t have a name for. There is a movie being made. I am in the middle of it. I am walking through the set. People every where. Noise, loud, like on a set when not filming. Andrew is there, I can sense he is, but I cannot see him. I am walking yet very slowly and I cannot seem to move any faster. I am struggling to take a step, to move down the street. People are whizzing by me. Every one else is in regular motion, speed and I am in definite slow mo. I am unable to get to the end of the street. I then pass, finally, a table of scripts…of the film being made. Then I hear “Feel the vibration” being sung by Marky Mark and the Funky Bunch. Ah, snooze begins. Hit it, open eyes, look around for Andrew, see he is not there, and then…”Wha?”

What does it mean? Well here is what is happening in my life right now…see if this sheds any light…

Transitioning into a new, more responsibility, a tad bit more money job at UNC, looking for an apartment for August, September (just found one that is amazing – no really – but a tad bit more than I want to pay…gulp!), struggling on this book thing, working at a pub a few nights a week so up late causing sleep lose, debt debt debt, boys boys boys….not exercising, eating OK, but not great…

So what does that dream mean? More than likely? Not a damn thing…yet I cannot help but think something. I checked, Andrew is still married and living in LA so a literal translation of that part more than likely not there. I am not in NYC, in a film there currently and I seem to be walking in regular motion today, so far. So no literal on that part. Mmmmm…..maybe, ah, well, no ok ah perhaps….symbolism. Ah I want to be head over heels in love, I am not sure where to live so I am dragging my feet (I did turn down a good place, in my price range with what seemed to be a cool roomie just yesterday), I am not writing as much as I should be, I had a great successful set the other night at a club (has not happened in a long time – and no notes!), I am meeting with a producer of a story telling show, a successful one here locally, this week and I got no ideas - now - and I still truly want to be a live performer yet have not found my niche. Or…I am lacking sleep and it all means nothing at all. Or it is just Tuesday. Yep, that is it more than likely, just a Tuesday. darg!
But...if a Mr. Shue happens to read this and is interested...I am more than willing to re-evaluate my interperation of this dream.

No comments:

Quote of the week....I had to

"I saw them. There were four of them and I thought there are four of us, that is if we find the lady. Oh, Hello Lady!" - Fezzik, aka Andre The Giant, Princess Bride

Yes it's hot NOW, but in the fall it will be cool and you will need me more than ever!

Yes it's hot NOW, but in the fall it will be cool and you will need me more than ever!
I am back at ESO to do some comedy; all me, all alone, well there will be beer and wine! October 18th, 7:30pm...stay tuned!

for now!

Till this chica gets settled in the blog name stays the same...deal with it! still posting but now OFF SHORE! I am working on my website so look for that soon...