Wednesday, June 04, 2008

da plan

George is back in my town baby! nice to have you back mister. now what are you doing this weekend?

Ok, so I have already strayed from my executive decision…argh! I missed one day. Here goes. I will get it. Damn it.

Quote for Wednesday, June 4th
“I’m single because I was born that way.” – Mae West

I love it. I am actually really liking being single right now.
I have a plan and I am sticking to it. Here is the brilliance; since not focusing on it ah hello getting asked out.
Now mind you I am not going out on these dates. Not part of the plan right now. I know it sounds dumb but hey I’ve never really had a plan before and I am starting to think perhaps that is the problem. Well not a problem just some things have not turned out the way I expected, desired or rather the way I planned them to come out. Could be cause I didn’t really have a plan. I mean even skinny white pretty girls have plans (not a reference to me at all. Sure I am pretty and white but since I moved here a few new pounds have arrived and taken up residence on my bod…not fat just perhaps a tad bit more of me to ask out)…the SWG plan you ask? To throw up. At least they got that, they know what they need to do each day. My plan now that I am further down south is to truly get this damn debt paid down, organized and to focus on my humor writing. The memoir that is drifting, floating weightless deep down inside of me. I did a 10 minute set the other night at a bar. A nice bar, very nice yet still not a comedy showcase location. A “professional” comedy show so they say… truly still an open mic. Which is fine. Some of my best shows have been at an open mic, ahem, but let’s call it what it is shall we? The kids are doing a great job and I am sure they will get there. Hey creating a good, high quality, funny (ah yes this takes work) long standing comedy show requires time, focus and quite honestly pain. Which is great, works out cause pain and struggle be quite hilarious...if delivered correctly of course.
So, while I was on stage at this show teetering dangerously close to bombing…tends to happen when one does not have any material and says, “ah sure I can just wing it”, gulp, hiccup, ah sure babe! It hit me. Not a tomato or a mean comment. The crowd actually enjoyed my struggle on stage and we had a good time together…I pulled it out you could say – finally I can say that phrase, pulled it out, and it is a good thing and not a line item on a police report. Ok, so there I was and a revelation hit me; the performing is the journey and the writing, the written product is the destination. What the hell is this gal speaking of now? Well the last few years have been about me working on, struggling with who I am as a performer, a comedian, an artist, etc. I love to perform live and be in the moment with the audience and quite frankly I am damn good at it. I am also not too shabby at the writing part. Yet for some reason the two together combined into a category called “stand-up comedian” just have not worked for me, clicked into place within my skeleton. I am starting to get it. Write this memoir, this story of you and your life, adventure in humor and perform it live, share it with others in a live, open, in the moment arena. Perform as you write yet view as fun, a tool to tweak and hone the writing. I love it. I sensed I was on the right track when I moved here and now it is confirmed. In this area at least. Men, owning property, investing in the future, health insurance and a work out regime, all the other "normal" crap? Still checking the signs, reading the map…get to that later people, truly later and really I will...or I won't. And I can honestly say looking back on all the experiences in stand up comedy in my past were all worth it. All of it. It got me here and that is brilliant all in itself. I also had that realization that all those years, shows and interactions with audiences and other comedians was so great, so wonderful and not a waste of time at all! - Whew I am spent for today. Plus my boss just got here and I have go do some executive assistanty stuff. Have a day.

No comments:

Quote of the week....I had to

"I saw them. There were four of them and I thought there are four of us, that is if we find the lady. Oh, Hello Lady!" - Fezzik, aka Andre The Giant, Princess Bride

Yes it's hot NOW, but in the fall it will be cool and you will need me more than ever!

Yes it's hot NOW, but in the fall it will be cool and you will need me more than ever!
I am back at ESO to do some comedy; all me, all alone, well there will be beer and wine! October 18th, 7:30pm...stay tuned!

for now!

Till this chica gets settled in the blog name stays the same...deal with it! still posting but now OFF SHORE! I am working on my website so look for that soon...