Tuesday, June 10, 2008

oh it is fine. afterall I've got two of em!

Quote for Tuesday, June 10th

Please? Please? Please? Please? Please? Please? Please? Please? Please? Please? Please? Please? Please? Please? Please? Please? Please? Please? Please? Please? Please? Please?” – Little Sam, my friend’s son, asking to go to the store to get a new video game, in the pool on Sunday.

The kid’s got staying power. No game was gotten but the effort was commendable.
We did some swimming in the apartment pool. It was hot outside. The water was pretty warm, yet cooler and just plain better than not being in the pool. We stayed in the pool till we were thoroughly pruned from head to toe. When I got out I had some water in my ear, left ear to be precise. I did the usual acts, tricks to get rid of the ailment. Jumping on one foot, head a tilt, shaking of the head - this cannot be good for many reasons the most critical being you, I rather, looked silly…nothing new so no worries. Thought problem solved. I felt the rush of warm liquid push out of my ear, escape, run down my neck; all good. Alas though not to be true. Took a shower and when the Q-tip ritual was over my ear was back to being clogged. Ah crap! Two days later still clogged. Wax build up I now suspect. It does not hurt much only feels clogged. It is an odd feeling to say the least. I feel as if my life volume dial has been turned down to three and I am unable to reach the dial to turn back up to 11. “But why don’t you just make 10 the highest?” [Pause, perplexed look], “but these go to 11!” I give ya a dollar if you can guess that movie. It is not hard. I took a trip to the drug store in search of a remedy. I found some ear wax remover…an entire system actually. Consisting of the ear wax remover solution (hee) and a cleaner outer thingy that is blue. I am not sure what to do with that piece yet…I think it is to wash my ear out with warm water if the four days of drops don’t work. I started treatment last night. Quite simple really. Place a few drops in ear, tilt head, let drip in, commence feeling of iciness, and stand still for 3 minutes. Lift head and hopefully dissolving of wax process begins. All through the night as I was in and out of sleepy town I did feel some opening. Today still clogged but I feel it dissolving. At least that is what it feels like and so I have decided that is what indeed is happening. It is to take fours days. So I will keep a positive attitude. Nothing is torn, punctured, and only clogged. And really is it not a great opportunity to pay more attention to my other senses? My other abilities that allow me to function properly in the world? It seems to be working as already today, this morning; I am very aware that I am more hungry than usual. Ah crap!

No comments:

Quote of the week....I had to

"I saw them. There were four of them and I thought there are four of us, that is if we find the lady. Oh, Hello Lady!" - Fezzik, aka Andre The Giant, Princess Bride

Yes it's hot NOW, but in the fall it will be cool and you will need me more than ever!

Yes it's hot NOW, but in the fall it will be cool and you will need me more than ever!
I am back at ESO to do some comedy; all me, all alone, well there will be beer and wine! October 18th, 7:30pm...stay tuned!

for now!

Till this chica gets settled in the blog name stays the same...deal with it! still posting but now OFF SHORE! I am working on my website so look for that soon...