Sunday, June 08, 2008

obsession...another...

Quote for Sunday, June 8th

Me: "So what kind of patients are on this floor?"
Co-worker: "Sick ones."

I am obsessed with thrift stores and refinement shops. Apparently I enjoy other people’s stuff. It is cheaper than me buying the stuff the first go round (not crap by the way, stuff). And since I now live in a very affluent area the stuff is great! It has allowed me to institute a new rule of shopping, purchasing for me. I am not allowed to buy any pair of shoes that cost more than 5 bucks. I have bought 3 pair so far all either at 5 or under 5 bucks. Well OK, you got me. Last weekend I bought a pair for $5.50! They were marked $11 and so of course after seeing that I placed them back on the shelf. Nope those are not the shoes for me. Alas, as I was walking around the store I overheard two lovely ladies chatting about the sale taking place that day in the store. Ears a perked and blood a flowing I casually sauntered up to the counter to inquire. “Buy one pair of shoes and get a second pair free”, uttered the young perky gal behind the check out counter. Well, well how grand is that? I whispered to myself. I tried to make another pair work but to no avail, no free shoes. And even though they were free I did not just take a pair – I purchased my one pair at $5.50. Why keep a pair of shoes from another person? To take something just to take it? I also found a cute summer dress for 3 bucks. To which I have already worn twice!
ssshhh....i missed yesterday. a quote for yesterday? well I cannot really go back in time, but if I could here is the quote I would use;
Quote for Saturday, June 7th
"I think about having kids. I ask myself often do I want kids? I mean sure. I like owning stuff as much as the next guy, ah gal." - Michelle Maclay, shopping, dodging renegade strollers.

No comments:

Quote of the week....I had to

"I saw them. There were four of them and I thought there are four of us, that is if we find the lady. Oh, Hello Lady!" - Fezzik, aka Andre The Giant, Princess Bride

Yes it's hot NOW, but in the fall it will be cool and you will need me more than ever!

Yes it's hot NOW, but in the fall it will be cool and you will need me more than ever!
I am back at ESO to do some comedy; all me, all alone, well there will be beer and wine! October 18th, 7:30pm...stay tuned!

for now!

Till this chica gets settled in the blog name stays the same...deal with it! still posting but now OFF SHORE! I am working on my website so look for that soon...