Monday, June 02, 2008

Executive decision


ok so my blogging lately is the pits. not the actual content but the actual process of WRITING on the damn blog! Which I guess if you think about it is also the content since you need the first part to then have the second part. a chicken and egg sort of dealo.
in the past i would do a quote a day either by someone famous or me. I liked the idea of doing a quote a day for many reasons. One by the off chance that I through the course of any given day thought of some insightful, witty or enlightening idea or phrase that I could then have a place to document it, share it. Another reason being that it encouraged me to write each day. It was working for a while but as of late, the last month, it has done the opposite. Taunted me and brought slamming to the surface that fact that I am not writing...as much as I should, could and need to be. Could be my recent move and getting settled has caused me to not write as much. Or that discovering and trying out new bars is taking way more of my free time than I originally planned. Who knows and really who the hell cares? The one time where the journey is NOT the important part and the destination is what it be all about! So here I am in the "not writing on my blog" land.
Therefore, I've decided that instead of having a specific area for a quote a day that now I will do a quote a day in my actual blog entry. That way I have to write everyday. I have to because for some reason I have to post a quote a day. Which actually now that I am here and thinking about my blog, that statement is not true. Since there have been many missed days of quotes. Ok, again, stop focusing on the journey, and get back to the destination.
Also, I am sure that my audience's ("hey, Lara, Chip, Deb S., Robin") lives have been empty these last weeks without my enteries!
So, my quote for today? thanks for asking...
"If you feel as if you are going through hell, keep going, you are on the right track." - Michelle Maclay.
And my entry for today? Ah hello, look up, return to top of page.
Peace and all that crap...till tomorrow.
P.s. a pic of me at my new job. Don't be jealous of my amazing desk...I know I am not!
P.s.s I love my new job...no really, I'm not being funny...or at least I'm not TRYING to be.

3 comments:

Robin said...

Miss you, selfishly miss your blogging, hey wow are THOSE "big girl" high heeled shoes you are wearing - are your converse hanging from your rear view?

Shaklee Girl said...

So happy to stumble on your blog today and see a new post!! :) Love that you are rockin' out with a name badge and corporate world clothes. You look so professional!!! I miss ya, chickie! I want to work in the same office as you- you make work so much fun. I hope that all realize that... xx Lollie

Shaklee Girl said...

So happy to stumble on your blog today and see a new post!! :) Love that you are rockin' out with a name badge and corporate world clothes. You look so professional!!! I miss ya, chickie! I want to work in the same office as you- you make work so much fun. I hope that all realize that... xx Lollie

Quote of the week....I had to

"I saw them. There were four of them and I thought there are four of us, that is if we find the lady. Oh, Hello Lady!" - Fezzik, aka Andre The Giant, Princess Bride

Yes it's hot NOW, but in the fall it will be cool and you will need me more than ever!

Yes it's hot NOW, but in the fall it will be cool and you will need me more than ever!
I am back at ESO to do some comedy; all me, all alone, well there will be beer and wine! October 18th, 7:30pm...stay tuned!

for now!

Till this chica gets settled in the blog name stays the same...deal with it! still posting but now OFF SHORE! I am working on my website so look for that soon...