Monday, June 16, 2008

time is mine

Quote for Monday, June 16th

"Ah man, I should have thrown the chicken bone on the boat!" - My brother, in the back seat, hungover, eating Bojangles chicken wings, me driving us to the eastern shore of Virginia for our cousin's wedding.

It doesn't make sense and that is why I like it. We said this over and over throughout the 23 hours, 32 minutes (ah yes!) that we were on the shore this weekend. We just made the 24 hour turn around time for the toll on the Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel - hey that is 7 bucks or more apropos; almost two gallons of gasoline! I am glad we went. It was a very nice, breezy, fun wedding. The band was good but stopped playing too early, as at most weddings. No sooner than you have consumed just enough booze to feel limber and talented to get out on the dance floor to boogie it up you hear, "OK folks we have to get out of here so here is one more song to get down to" "Boo"
Booing, which just so you know for the future is not attractive to the band and in no way then causes them to continue to play. In fact it seemed to speed up the packing up and getting the hell out of dodge process.
It was great to see the family, friends have not seen in a while. The bride Laura was beautiful - it was on the beach and very pretty. My favorite part? When the priest performing the ceremony said, "these two people have no idea what they are doing, getting into" Love it. It was a statement about all getting married and not totally specific to them. That no one knows what marriage really is, what it is truly like, until one is in it...and then it is too late As most events, relationships that one can and does enter into. He went on to say that for if we did know no one would do it! Sort of like eating Sushi, graduation from college and actually wanting to work, and body piercing.
I am tired today and I am sure it is because of lack of sleep, the drinking and the toll of driving on the bod...what I also am is happy that we went. It was worth it. I read today and I was reminded of something I have known and believe in for some time now; that every day, every minute of our lives we have a chance, an opportunity to listen, to see and decide how we will interpret an interaction, a situation, an occurrence. That it is up to us how we will take it in, feel about it and let it affect our lives. My bro and I decided around 1am on Friday night, I mean Saturday morning, to go to the wedding on Saturday. To leave Chapel Hill in the morning, drive the 4 and a half hours to the shore to attend the wedding that same day. To then have to come back the next day. Sure I am tired and I did not get the stuff done at my house I had planned to accomplish over that 24 hours. But in return I got to see my cousin come down the isle looking amazing, hang out with some good friends (hey Lara, Erika, Mom, Pop, Cousin Petey....) and laugh uncontrollably with my brother for 23 hours, and 32 plus minutes. I chose to say it was a good decision, a wonderful time and be grateful that I have such a family and area to call my own, to go to for just under 24 hours. Plus I love coffee and any excuse to drink as much of it as I can works for me. Peace.

No comments:

Quote of the week....I had to

"I saw them. There were four of them and I thought there are four of us, that is if we find the lady. Oh, Hello Lady!" - Fezzik, aka Andre The Giant, Princess Bride

Yes it's hot NOW, but in the fall it will be cool and you will need me more than ever!

Yes it's hot NOW, but in the fall it will be cool and you will need me more than ever!
I am back at ESO to do some comedy; all me, all alone, well there will be beer and wine! October 18th, 7:30pm...stay tuned!

for now!

Till this chica gets settled in the blog name stays the same...deal with it! still posting but now OFF SHORE! I am working on my website so look for that soon...