Friday, June 06, 2008

planned thoughts


Quote for Friday, June 6th, 2008
"Ambition is a poor excuse for not having enough sense to be lazy." - Steven Wright

So today I thought again about my plan, my schedule that I have set up for myself. What I thought a lot about was that I am not following it. This is hard. I have realized, or it has truly hit home, that just saying you are going to change is not enough. That is only the beginning. Yes creating the plan and documenting is good, necessary even. Yet how does one then go about actually doing it. Getting it done. Making it a part of you. One step at a time. Do one thing on the plan. No matter how small. Therefore today I got up a little bit earlier than usual (about 10 minutes) and simply got out of bed, went to the kitchen, got a glass of water, and sat on the couch. That is it. Then after about 7 or 8 minutes I got up, proceeded to the bathroom and to the rest of my usual morning ritual. It was great. I felt different. I am trying to develop a pattern of getting up earlier so I can either run a few miles or write a few pages, a blog entry before the day gets started. Especially now that we are entering into the “fuckin hot” season of North Carolina. Best to get all outdoor, indoor, around the door, any, activity done before 9am. Remember just a step at this point is what is important and I need to focus on. The process and not so much the actual activity or task that eventually I desire to accomplish and shall do so in the future. And the next step? Well to get up even earlier of course! Extend it to 15, then 20. For 20 is the number I am shooting for to get in a run, a write, a blog entry. They say it takes 21 times of doing a new behavior before it becomes a habit, develops into a habit. Ah, excellent. Only 20 more times…of 10 minutes earlier. Then 21 times of 15, 21 times of 20 minutes earlier. At that rate I will be actually running and or writing by say end of August, the start of fall? Brilliant. Simply smashing to have a goal and fall seems just right.






No comments:

Quote of the week....I had to

"I saw them. There were four of them and I thought there are four of us, that is if we find the lady. Oh, Hello Lady!" - Fezzik, aka Andre The Giant, Princess Bride

Yes it's hot NOW, but in the fall it will be cool and you will need me more than ever!

Yes it's hot NOW, but in the fall it will be cool and you will need me more than ever!
I am back at ESO to do some comedy; all me, all alone, well there will be beer and wine! October 18th, 7:30pm...stay tuned!

for now!

Till this chica gets settled in the blog name stays the same...deal with it! still posting but now OFF SHORE! I am working on my website so look for that soon...