Friday, June 13, 2008

It is Friday, June 13th, Friday THE 13th...

This was my last show, last night at First Wednesday Show at the Chesapeake in Cape Charles, Virginia. Love that show, the people, the artists. Good times indeed.

Quote of the day for Friday, June 13th

“Oh yes! Oh hell yeah!” – Me, after the nurse, on the 8th time, and her big ass ear sucking instrument got all the wax out of my left ear! I did not even realize how much I was NOT hearing for the last 4 days. Sure it cost a crap load of ones but hey it is my health, my ear. And yes I do have two of em but there is a reason for that and I like em both in tact, working together as a team. Good to have ya back leftie, very good.
And check it out....the Google ad is now for ear wax candles...triple drat! If only I had known last night I would have gotten a to go bag.

So, it is June 13th…Friday the 13th…which means?

Tomorrow is Saturday the 14th. That is it. And then of course you know what that means? The next day is Sunday the 15th. There is a pattern here of some sort. I will figure it out soon.
So as I was lounging in the lounge of the main part of the hospital (where I work) it hit me how much I really like my “day” job. So much that I am starting to think of it as not a day job and maybe, ssshhhhh, a career? I actually pictured me being here for an extended period of time. A retirement package? Say what? I say yes! Have a nice paying job and write, and perform some funny stuff? Could it be? I can see, imagine that just maybe….again, ssshhhh don’t tell no one. I realized some of the perks of working for UNC, for the state, for a University hospital and here there be:
If I get sick, collapse, fall down, feel peevish at work I can just walk down the hall a few feet and there be a whole bevy of nurses and docs to take care of me…and get this, I would only pay 20% of it!
In the summer time every Wednesday there is a farmer’s market in the lobby. I mean come on!
Hot young, and some sexy older ones, doctors to look at. Sure most of them are married but all I need or can handle right now is to look anyway. I am sure there is a new class of students just on the horizon…some that dig older gals.
My co-workers are fun and treat me well. Odd I know.
After a certain amount of time, of service, you get a cute little pin you can wear on your lapel. I don’t really have many if actually any pieces of clothing with lapels but just knowing that if I did I could. And who doesn’t like free stuff?

There is more…or there will be more. For now that works for me. Potential is a good word, maybe even the best word. It has been a long time since I have felt so solid, even happy in a job, a geographical location and a mental state. Who knows what is to come? Today, for this time, I plan to linger here and let it all take place. And you know what that means don’t ya? Absolutely nothing. I like that. I like that a whole lot.

No comments:

Quote of the week....I had to

"I saw them. There were four of them and I thought there are four of us, that is if we find the lady. Oh, Hello Lady!" - Fezzik, aka Andre The Giant, Princess Bride

Yes it's hot NOW, but in the fall it will be cool and you will need me more than ever!

Yes it's hot NOW, but in the fall it will be cool and you will need me more than ever!
I am back at ESO to do some comedy; all me, all alone, well there will be beer and wine! October 18th, 7:30pm...stay tuned!

for now!

Till this chica gets settled in the blog name stays the same...deal with it! still posting but now OFF SHORE! I am working on my website so look for that soon...