Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Quote for Wednesday, June 11th

"If you pursue celebrity you will lose your soul. If you pursue creativity you will find your soul." -
Some well known actor that I cannot recall his name in a movie I randomly saw last night called, "Undiscovered", off of the hulu site. My new fave place. You can watch TV shows, movies...download em to your laptop. excellent! Even though Ashley Simpson was in this movie it was pretty decent. She wasn't the lead so her on screen time was limited...she is a good little lip sync er, I will give her that. Not that she needs anyone, especially me, to give her anything.

And I realized something this morning as I was at work getting my morning coffee...there is this great small coffee shop inside the hospital that I love to go to. Run by artists, people in bands, have tattoos, funky black clothes...my people...or at least the kind of people I like. They probably don't think of me as their people. But what they don't know won't hurt em. I am harmless. Most of the time.
Anyway, so it hit me as I was pouring my java flavor of the day. I don't recall it right now, not sure if I even knew it to begin with, I just order it and drink it. I am edgy like that. Oh is that an envelope? Cuse me while I go push it!

A phrase popped into my brain as I sipped the lovely hot delicious coffee; It is really, truly the little things in life. What prompted this phrase to appear in my tiny compact brain? I noticed that often I do not take a plastic coffee lid. I go without. And that has got to account for something, to help in some way, yes? Yes! So I started thinking about other little things I do that make a difference in the day of the life of the earth and the people here that inhabit it. I sat down, drank some more coffee and jotted them down. And now here they are for your approval, disapproval, or whatever oval you so desire.

Top five little things that Michelle Maclay does to help the environment, her friend da earf:


1. I don't blow dry my hair - I let it air dry, often, at least 4 days out of the 7 we are given

2. I add my half and half for my coffee FIRST, pour it in first and then add the coffee. Therefore, no need to stir with a plastic or wooden stirrer thing. This is good for my health as well; one less task, activity, to do with my wrist - hee -

3. 3. As noted before, when I get coffee I don’t use a plastic top…I go topless. Of course as a side note I always get a to go cup even if I’m not going. It keeps the coffee hotter. I suppose that cancels out the not using the top part? But really people I mean don’t you think you should have gotten to me earlier in the process of the cup making? The cup is there, already made. Me not using it is not going to help. Plus, I just left the house with wet hair. I have already sacrificed. Brave people need their caffeine.

4. I ride the bus to and from work each day. Saves gas, saves me money. Therefore, I have more money to spend on beer. That makes me happy and I am giving income to a local establishment. Giving back to my community.

5. I originally thought I would come up with 5 things I do to help out but then realized that 5 would take up more space on the paper then 4. So if I only write 4 then I am saving space on the paper, which means less paper used, so then less trees killed. Ah ha!

And you? What will you do today that will help the earf? Us here on it?

No comments:

Quote of the week....I had to

"I saw them. There were four of them and I thought there are four of us, that is if we find the lady. Oh, Hello Lady!" - Fezzik, aka Andre The Giant, Princess Bride

Yes it's hot NOW, but in the fall it will be cool and you will need me more than ever!

Yes it's hot NOW, but in the fall it will be cool and you will need me more than ever!
I am back at ESO to do some comedy; all me, all alone, well there will be beer and wine! October 18th, 7:30pm...stay tuned!

for now!

Till this chica gets settled in the blog name stays the same...deal with it! still posting but now OFF SHORE! I am working on my website so look for that soon...