Friday, August 24, 2007

I wish


I wish today for no reason in which I can attempt to pinpoint that I was her.
I've never wished to be someone else... not even in high school.
Ok to be fair there was that three day stint in 10th grade where I wished Freaky Friday upon Jolie Julian and I -
I do not know her, this woman you speak of, I have never even seen her, nor can I start to imagine her smell, the feel of her skin, the color of her eyes.
Yet, when I think of her, imagine her standing there and breathing, holding a little hand I barely know of,
I wish to melt down to a puddle, flow gently down hill till I reach her toes and soak into her, fill her up and be her. She has something, a possession I shall never have no matter how tight, how close, how far we travel as one that I will never fully own.
Salt water drips from my tired eyes and an opening begins deep down in the side of my heart. I can feel it, taste it in my throat and I know to the core of my being I will have to accept it.
Maybe I do not wish to be her truly and wholly...only wish I had arrived there first, taken a different train, stopped or lingered a minute longer that one day long ago and then it would be me, not her that filled the shoes you hold onto, the memories bitter sweet on your tongue.
I wish I wish I wish.

No comments:

Quote of the week....I had to

"I saw them. There were four of them and I thought there are four of us, that is if we find the lady. Oh, Hello Lady!" - Fezzik, aka Andre The Giant, Princess Bride

Yes it's hot NOW, but in the fall it will be cool and you will need me more than ever!

Yes it's hot NOW, but in the fall it will be cool and you will need me more than ever!
I am back at ESO to do some comedy; all me, all alone, well there will be beer and wine! October 18th, 7:30pm...stay tuned!

for now!

Till this chica gets settled in the blog name stays the same...deal with it! still posting but now OFF SHORE! I am working on my website so look for that soon...