Tuesday, August 14, 2007

It sure does.


How come people (and I am sure I've been in this crowd at one time or another in the past) that have what you don't or are not in your situation think it is comforting to say things such as; "well it will all work out" or "it just didn't work out this time" or "well things happen for a reason" - this one is by far the worst! - does not EVERYTHING happen for some sort of a reason just by the shear fact that something happened? And why do people say this catch phrase only when something bad or sad happens or is happening?
Mary: Guess what Jane? I just won 50 bucks!
Jane: Well, you know Mary these things do seem to happen for a reason. I am sure it will all work out. Oh and sorry it did not work out this time. [Blank stare by both Mary and Jane - screen fades to black]
I also love it when people cannot or are not able to be upfront and say what is really going on. They think an acceptable answer is, "I don't know" or "Well what do you want me to do?" Or just to let time go by and act as if that large hairy mammoth is not perched on that little chair in the corner of the room. How about figuring it out (not a question, a statement this time!). I mean is that more painful than the smell of stagnet water? Apparently so. And if someone says, "I am up front and will tell you. That is how I roll" that is actually a red flag, a signal that perhaps that is not true. Along the lines of the following statements;
1. "I am not crazy!"
2. "With all due respect..."
3. "To tell you the truth..."
4. "To be honest with you..."
If you have to say it then...
It would be nice if for once someone (besides myself and Valerie Plame's husband) would step up, figure out what is going on, and then deal with it. "Oh, but it is too hard or I don't wanna" or "someone might not like me" (wait what is that? oh a whine!). Well that is the point KIDS! If it smells, tastes, feels and looks hard or you don't wanna, guess what? That is exactly what you should do and the RIGHT choice to execute.
If it smells like BS chances are it is. I read a bumper sticker once that said, "life is too short to eat dessert last" Oh really? Well life is too short to smell bullshit...and not extinquish it or get the hell out of the room. I'm just saying...

No comments:

Quote of the week....I had to

"I saw them. There were four of them and I thought there are four of us, that is if we find the lady. Oh, Hello Lady!" - Fezzik, aka Andre The Giant, Princess Bride

Yes it's hot NOW, but in the fall it will be cool and you will need me more than ever!

Yes it's hot NOW, but in the fall it will be cool and you will need me more than ever!
I am back at ESO to do some comedy; all me, all alone, well there will be beer and wine! October 18th, 7:30pm...stay tuned!

for now!

Till this chica gets settled in the blog name stays the same...deal with it! still posting but now OFF SHORE! I am working on my website so look for that soon...