Thursday, August 02, 2007

Virgin experience




last night at a show i did i had my very first truely evil awful heckler. It was outstanding. i mean i took my flip flops off and everything. Tears started to well up in the corner of my eyes. Luckily they did not form fully and leave the eye area. They fueled me on to not only have a stellar set - one reviewer of my performance said the following;
"Thanks for bringing your energy and life perception to the evening. I know it was a tough evening for you but you responded with dignity, grace and courage - and humor" - Peg, runs the show and also a close friend...just a coincidence
- ...but for the first time i got to use my "stop the heckler" skills. They worked. i got the crowd all riled up against him and someone actually said to this non gentleman, "dude why don't you just let her tell us her funny stuff or get the &^%$# out!" Righteous. And to think i really did not have any material when i first got up there. i did a hodge podge of old stuff, audience off the cuff stuff and well then the heckler stuff. That actually extended my set by 3 or 4 minutes. Nice. It had been a while since i had performed some material, new that is, so this experience got me pumped. i got to get back to writing and stop sulking around thinking about this life crap. I feel like my life has been on hold for the last few weeks and i got to stop it. I am sure all three of you know the cause...a boy, relationship, of course. Man, men, ahem, sometimes they are a royal pain in the ass. Ok i am off to write some funny shit...well technically to rent a movie, put on PJs and lay in bed, drink a hot toddy (once i google what the hell makes one up) - Allergies ain't they a bitch? So you know, i like to call all of the previous events ah writing. Sssshhhh....no one has to know. i mean it is my life afterall.

No comments:

Quote of the week....I had to

"I saw them. There were four of them and I thought there are four of us, that is if we find the lady. Oh, Hello Lady!" - Fezzik, aka Andre The Giant, Princess Bride

Yes it's hot NOW, but in the fall it will be cool and you will need me more than ever!

Yes it's hot NOW, but in the fall it will be cool and you will need me more than ever!
I am back at ESO to do some comedy; all me, all alone, well there will be beer and wine! October 18th, 7:30pm...stay tuned!

for now!

Till this chica gets settled in the blog name stays the same...deal with it! still posting but now OFF SHORE! I am working on my website so look for that soon...