Monday, August 27, 2007

what gives ME the right?

I ran a 5k race this last Saturday. It was bloody hot! It was in Virginia Beach...I did decent time. So therefore I then proceeded to consume a large amount of "cold brews" throughout the day and well into the evening...technically then Sunday. As you can imagine then SunDAY was a waste. It is as if the day did not even happen. I slept for most of it. Took a shower around 2pm and drove about 4 miles to have dinner with some friends. All of which completely exhausted me. After which I then got back in bed...watched a FILM and moved onto more sleep at about 8:30pm. What gives me the right to do such a thing to myself? Because I ran a lousy 3.1 miles? Unacceptable and yet I did it. Why is a question in this area I fear I shall never be able to supply an answer to. Alas, I then ponder do I need to? Does it really matter? I mean one could deduce that if one ran said miles - got up at 5am (half past way fuckin too early to be up a Saturday kind of time), sucked on some Gu (don't ask if you don't know!), ran and sweated for 30 minutes (be careful here people if you have any comments on my time...and you are sitting where right now drinking A what? ahem!), does that not make it OK to then inhale beers? Or at least even it out a bit? I am not sure and really I have moved on...

No comments:

Quote of the week....I had to

"I saw them. There were four of them and I thought there are four of us, that is if we find the lady. Oh, Hello Lady!" - Fezzik, aka Andre The Giant, Princess Bride

Yes it's hot NOW, but in the fall it will be cool and you will need me more than ever!

Yes it's hot NOW, but in the fall it will be cool and you will need me more than ever!
I am back at ESO to do some comedy; all me, all alone, well there will be beer and wine! October 18th, 7:30pm...stay tuned!

for now!

Till this chica gets settled in the blog name stays the same...deal with it! still posting but now OFF SHORE! I am working on my website so look for that soon...