Monday, October 22, 2007

Big idea


I love Sundays. Big stuff happens on Sundays most often delivered via small packages. Like ideas and changes. This Sunday was no different. It was even better than most. The day itself, the weather was out of this world perfect. About 60 degrees, breezy - actually windy, the sun was shining, just the right amount of clouds were floating in the clear blue sky, and I with nothing to do but be. I spent most of the day laying on the dock with only the two sailboats keeping me company. Perfect. I talk, they listen and no comments or judgment back! I slept some of the time, stared out at the sparkling brilliant creek a lot of it, read my current book (which I have to tell you is not that great - I could do that I think and then remember ah but you didn't - I shall!), sipped on a G & T, and some other random stuff like thinking and pondering took place. Then I decided to clean out my bathroom. Nice. Well to be precise I decided to take a bath. It was about 5:30pm or so. My Sunday bath ritual. As the tub was filling up with hot water, steam escaping the stall, I jumped into my medicine cabinet, as well as the little closet just outside of my bathroom - and of course you know i don't mean "literally" jumped into them. I have indeed lost some weight this last year but alas not that much! I discovered a wide variety of products and potions. Random lotions, face creams, shampoos, conditioners, make-up, toothbrushes still in original packaging, and much more. It hit me, bam! I have so much here now that I could go like easily a month without buying any new stuff in this area. I need to use all of this stuff. So that was the big idea! I know it is so exciting. I decided that from now until Thanksgiving - November 22nd, one month from today - I will not purchase any new products or potions and I will use only what I have on site. I thought Thanksgiving was a nice concrete day to shoot for - you know being all thankful for all I have sort of thing. I am hoping that I will be able to go past that date but for now that is the goal. I took my bath, had more brilliant thoughts and ideas mostly for my show coming up...if only I could fit 60 people in my bathroom...that is where I seem to come with so many good ideas for the show and my career. I shall write on this experiment each day until the 22nd. I am hoping, predicting that only good and FUNNY information, revelations and insights will come out of this experience. Or at least I will not spend money for a month on stuff I do not really need and that my friends in itself, standing all alone by itself is a BIG idea.




No comments:

Quote of the week....I had to

"I saw them. There were four of them and I thought there are four of us, that is if we find the lady. Oh, Hello Lady!" - Fezzik, aka Andre The Giant, Princess Bride

Yes it's hot NOW, but in the fall it will be cool and you will need me more than ever!

Yes it's hot NOW, but in the fall it will be cool and you will need me more than ever!
I am back at ESO to do some comedy; all me, all alone, well there will be beer and wine! October 18th, 7:30pm...stay tuned!

for now!

Till this chica gets settled in the blog name stays the same...deal with it! still posting but now OFF SHORE! I am working on my website so look for that soon...