Wednesday, October 10, 2007

tricky abnormal cells


[the pic on the ceiling of my doctor's office along with little fish ornaments hanging in the ceiling]
So I finally had my gyn doctor appointment today. Third time is a charm. The first time my doc got called into emergency surgery. After ofcourse I had already peed in the cup, blood pressure taken, and seen that I am actually indeed 5 pounds heavier then I thought. Then the second time my Aunt Ruby came to visit so I had to cancel the appt. as you women can guess. Some guy, and I say some guy cause now that is what he is, said to me when I told him I had to cancel it due to my visitor, "really? why?" To which I said back, "really you have to ask that one?"
So now here we are at the third and final. I was there having a procedure done to make sure I do not have cancer. Some abnormalities were detected in my overall exam so we were all there just making sure all was ok. I say all of us cause well me, the doc and the nurse. A party so to speak. Naturally after the predictable, "put your foot here and here and scooch down...a little bit more, and still some more, and ok one more scooch", the exam starts (and I won't provide specifics - not so much cause it is gross or anything but more cause you men just could not handle it. Oh what we do for you!) and all three of us at once notice that the theme from Titanic is playing in the background (they have music piped into each exam room. It is very thoughtful. You almost feel as if you are sitting on the beach somewhere exotic, listening to a beach bar cd player, sipping a refreshing pina coloda...I think what does not quite take me to that nice place is well ah the poking part). My doc proceeded to make a witty comment on it. Nice touch. I like a gyn doc that has a sense of humor. Makes me wonder less why he does this particular line of medicine and keeps me from each time I "visit" (as if, what is there tea and scones being served?) asking, "Does your mama know what you do for a living?" I've not heard the Titanic song by the lovely and sort of alien looking Miss Deon since I almost walked out of the movie like what 10 years ago? Come on sink the damn boat already! Without hesitation I then reply (feet up, lovely plastic cover on my lower body), "I am king of the world." Now the party is really in full swing and it seems that all are having a lovely time. My doc then says, "well first everything initially seems and feels good and nothing that I can see is going on down there." To which I reply, "ah gee I mean I am no doc, doc, but I could have made that diagnosis" He thought funny, the nurse not so much. She must be married. Anyway...all went well and tests will be done to make sure but I am confident on the staying alive for a while longer concept. Good news? No cancer it seems. The bad news? Have to keep checking on a more regular basis since those pesky abnormal cells made their grand entrance a while back. I paid my copay to the receptionist, went to the library and paid my overdue book fine (4 bucks! well worth it - my favorite charity as the three of you know), got my first cup of java for the day at the just borderline depressing Valero gas and convenience store in Nassawaddox and drove on into my main job (one of 4 now!). As one of my much loved t-shirts claims, "Ho hum, just another shitty day in paradise"

No comments:

Quote of the week....I had to

"I saw them. There were four of them and I thought there are four of us, that is if we find the lady. Oh, Hello Lady!" - Fezzik, aka Andre The Giant, Princess Bride

Yes it's hot NOW, but in the fall it will be cool and you will need me more than ever!

Yes it's hot NOW, but in the fall it will be cool and you will need me more than ever!
I am back at ESO to do some comedy; all me, all alone, well there will be beer and wine! October 18th, 7:30pm...stay tuned!

for now!

Till this chica gets settled in the blog name stays the same...deal with it! still posting but now OFF SHORE! I am working on my website so look for that soon...