Tuesday, October 02, 2007

I thought I had it bad


Oh my. Miss Britney Spears just lost custody of her kids! Come on people do not tell me you don't know who this celebrity is. Even if you don't read any sort of paper, have no internet access, and reside under a rock there is no way you could avoid this girl and news about her. It seaps in - no matter where you live! She is 25 and a celebrity. She has two kids that now she has lost to her ex husband, Federline. Lost to custody that is not in a literal sense of losing them. I won't go into the details and I am not even sure I have an opinion either way on it. I really have NO idea what is going on in the case, nor her life, so who am I to even consider an opinion let alone take a side or judge. I don't know this person yet I seem to have access to everything about her - whether true or not it is out there. Her next record is now to be delayed it's release, from her critics she bombed at a recent award show, everyone on her staff is jumping ship, and bascially the gal is speeding at a very fast clip down the slope toward rock bottom. As I was brushing my teeth this morning for some reason she popped into my head. This gal needs help or at least someone to give her advice! I think it is me. I have no idea how to get in touch with her so I am hoping that some how she is on the internet today and comes across my blog...I read hers so it only seems fair. Here is my advice: When I feel like it is all crumbling down around me - Here is what I do - I take a hot hot bath, drink a very chilled glass of white wine, (I know booze right now is also an issue for you but I am totally ok with you having this one glass - it is a critical component to my formula) I close my eyes, breathe in and out once with all that is in me, and I then run through all going on in my life and simply choose just one thing in that life that I can actually control and I focus on JUST that one thing. It can be very small even - for example taking back the library book that is now overdue by a month (says the letter I just received in the mail). I know Brit life is really bad when one cannot even take back a library book! Now that we both do not have assistants. Ah the library is a worthy charity so secretly I don't mind! JUST DO ONE thing Brit. I can call you that yes? And I promise that one thing will lead to another and so on...as you are doing that one thing and other issues pop into your head just say NO. Not now. Right now I am focusing on JUST this one thing. I am taking that book back to the library and nothing else matters. Good luck Miss Spears. Luckily in this situation the two choices are clear and pretty cut and dry. One either makes it through or one does not. One or the other happens. I know you can do it; choose to get through it just as I have today. Make a decision and do it. We can do it! JUST ONE thing. Return that library book today. I will see you there...I hope.

No comments:

Quote of the week....I had to

"I saw them. There were four of them and I thought there are four of us, that is if we find the lady. Oh, Hello Lady!" - Fezzik, aka Andre The Giant, Princess Bride

Yes it's hot NOW, but in the fall it will be cool and you will need me more than ever!

Yes it's hot NOW, but in the fall it will be cool and you will need me more than ever!
I am back at ESO to do some comedy; all me, all alone, well there will be beer and wine! October 18th, 7:30pm...stay tuned!

for now!

Till this chica gets settled in the blog name stays the same...deal with it! still posting but now OFF SHORE! I am working on my website so look for that soon...