Wednesday, October 31, 2007

My Halloween Poem circa '07


Oh hallows eve you are now today upon us.
Tonight goblins, gouls and witches all around to be sure.
Candy, sugary treats and candied apples we buy to lure,
seeking a chance to regress to the past where things were more secure.

Hiding behind a mask once a year allows freedom.
Opportunity to clean the slate and start anew.
Some believe only a new year holds this to be true,
yet real followers know the deal, see clearly all the way through.

To be another soul, in a different time and space.
Allow oneself to let it all go and release pain and worry.
Unlock that gate to watch, feel our fears out of us scurry,
if just for one dark, deep and magical night we are lost as if upon us a snow flurry.

Halloween has come once again to rekindle the kid in us all.
Gather the candy and share the silly abandon with any you meet.
Take a chance, let it all go and your worry bank deplete,
slip into who you want to be, desire to be - the real trick or treat.

No comments:

Quote of the week....I had to

"I saw them. There were four of them and I thought there are four of us, that is if we find the lady. Oh, Hello Lady!" - Fezzik, aka Andre The Giant, Princess Bride

Yes it's hot NOW, but in the fall it will be cool and you will need me more than ever!

Yes it's hot NOW, but in the fall it will be cool and you will need me more than ever!
I am back at ESO to do some comedy; all me, all alone, well there will be beer and wine! October 18th, 7:30pm...stay tuned!

for now!

Till this chica gets settled in the blog name stays the same...deal with it! still posting but now OFF SHORE! I am working on my website so look for that soon...