Sunday, October 28, 2007

My love affair with Sundays continues

What a super duper fabo day today turned out to be.
Perfect fall day. Crisp chill in the air, crystal blue sky with milky white fluffy drifing clouds (shit, probably way too many descriptives of clouds) and the air smelled like fall. A smell I honestly cannot define or describe but I have a feeling you know the smell. If not, fake it.

Here is what is shakin'...
Lisa's show last night at ESO was fantastic. I am truly in awe of her talent. It made me want to sing...sing and sound good that is. The crowd was outstanding and enjoyed her talent as much as I did. People even got up and danced. Ok well my mom was the only person that got up and danced. Red wine brings out the dancer in even the most shy of the crew. Be sure to check out Lisa at her website (psst, over there on this blog just to the right, a little bit lower, just click oh and buy a cd!)

Sunday a.m.:
I went to church. I know what you are thinking and no I did not burn it down, it is still standing, no cinge, burn marks anywhere on the building. I like this church. It is small, all white wood inside, old and sparse. There is not a lot "stuff" busying up the joint. I can think in this church. I like that when a church allows you to think. A safe place to go, be quiet, think and hopefully if you try, give an effort to it, be grateful. The lack of noise gives me an opportunity to just be, breathe. No celebrity gossip, political opinions, no war, no debt, nothing but me and my thoughts, my thanks. Not even god interrupted my solititude session with myself, nature, the world, life.

Day 5 and 6 of "Thanksgiving Toiletries Challenge" - help here - now coming to a close. Still going strong. The big test? COSTCO & TARGET. I was tempted trust me. I mean rows and rows of large bottles of heavily reduced shampoos, conditioners, lotions, toothpaste, eye creams and I purchased NONE of it. I did however buy a box of 72 tampons (sorry dude readers) for 6 bucks as well as 10 pairs of running socks for 10 bucks. How could I not? Don't answer that just let me be. The idea from my friend Lara? She gave me or will soon give to me, this yummy face lotion that does not work for her. Brilliant. Contributions. That will extend my project shelf (hee) life for sure! These last two days were good. I did not buy any new product and product contributed to the cause.

My rekindled love of Pat B? Heard the song, "Love is a Battlefield" about 2 weeks ago and decided it would be great to use in my show in November somehow. Bought Pat Benetar 20 greatest hits (yes i know!) and indeed each song is the greatest. Been listenting to it for the last 24 hours and loving it. Pat will be serenading me to sleep this eve. Rock it.

Oh, I popped open a Magic Hat beer this eve and the bottle cap inside said, "everyone has the power to blossom and flower" - you better believe dat!

No comments:

Quote of the week....I had to

"I saw them. There were four of them and I thought there are four of us, that is if we find the lady. Oh, Hello Lady!" - Fezzik, aka Andre The Giant, Princess Bride

Yes it's hot NOW, but in the fall it will be cool and you will need me more than ever!

Yes it's hot NOW, but in the fall it will be cool and you will need me more than ever!
I am back at ESO to do some comedy; all me, all alone, well there will be beer and wine! October 18th, 7:30pm...stay tuned!

for now!

Till this chica gets settled in the blog name stays the same...deal with it! still posting but now OFF SHORE! I am working on my website so look for that soon...