Sunday, October 28, 2007

distance

distance gives you such perspective, valuable information
a window opens for reflection that provides a smile, a warm sensation
and no anger or regret to release from a bottle.
an image so clear came to me this afternoon as I
drove from an event in the woods to my home.
It popped into my head out of nowhere. Many days
now passed since any thought or notion of you on my brain.
sunset, water, beer, fish jumping and all seemed possible.
Newness and excitment enveloped us as we settled into the cab to escape the flies.
Talk of what might be, things to do and experiences to have together.
A chance for something amazing unexpected and overwhelming,
laughter cascading, bouncing off of the windshield splashing on our clothes.
a soul to connect with and be myself with all rolled up in a familiar package.
the image fades almost before it totally plays out in my brain - and all is gone.
only left is my heart a tad bit richer, sweeter and hopeful.
for that time and many more I am sure yet to come back to me I am thankful.
time, miles separating us and even a season changing upon us make us
seem wonderful.
I came here to piece me back together and fill in some holes.
a diversion I took when wine brought you my way.
Off the planned path and I the better for it I see now more and more.

No comments:

Quote of the week....I had to

"I saw them. There were four of them and I thought there are four of us, that is if we find the lady. Oh, Hello Lady!" - Fezzik, aka Andre The Giant, Princess Bride

Yes it's hot NOW, but in the fall it will be cool and you will need me more than ever!

Yes it's hot NOW, but in the fall it will be cool and you will need me more than ever!
I am back at ESO to do some comedy; all me, all alone, well there will be beer and wine! October 18th, 7:30pm...stay tuned!

for now!

Till this chica gets settled in the blog name stays the same...deal with it! still posting but now OFF SHORE! I am working on my website so look for that soon...