Monday, October 29, 2007

It is good to be king


On the way into work today - I was yes technically laid off but as of this week I am going to help out part part time - which is great. Health insurance is fun to have. So very grateful for that.
On the way in I saw a dead deer on the side of the road that I have to assume was hit by a car. Standing on top of it was this little black bird. Not a turkey buzzard. This little guy (and not sure why when we see animals we automatically call them "guys" but we do) was standing there with his chest puffing out, looking straight out at the highway with an air of such accomplishment surrounding him. There were a few other birds like him milling around the body looking up at this one bird. He seemed to be saying, projecting, "Look at me. I am king of this deer and all I survey" Right on little man, little black bird. For that time, for however long it ended up being before another larger bird knocked him off, he was king of his environment. Very inspiring for me. Insightful even. Been a long time since I've had a deer to stand on and proclaim my kingdom. Seems as if I've been standing on all the wrong possessions lately. I am hoping that explains why lately I have not felt as a king does, as I imagine one to feel; powerful, logical, in control and enlightened. I need to define my deer and then stand on it and announce my kingship. All on a Monday? Well maybe I will start today and see how the rest of the week goes.

No comments:

Quote of the week....I had to

"I saw them. There were four of them and I thought there are four of us, that is if we find the lady. Oh, Hello Lady!" - Fezzik, aka Andre The Giant, Princess Bride

Yes it's hot NOW, but in the fall it will be cool and you will need me more than ever!

Yes it's hot NOW, but in the fall it will be cool and you will need me more than ever!
I am back at ESO to do some comedy; all me, all alone, well there will be beer and wine! October 18th, 7:30pm...stay tuned!

for now!

Till this chica gets settled in the blog name stays the same...deal with it! still posting but now OFF SHORE! I am working on my website so look for that soon...